View Single Post
Old 08-02-2005, 08:59 PM

Default Re: The money or the seat?

I'm a decent multi player. Definately not great, but good enough to place in more than my randomly expected share (including a lot more final tables than I'd be randomly expected to make). I've only ever played up to $30 buyins though.

I am pretty sure I won't be dead money this Sunday, but my impression is that there will also be less dead money for me to benefit from.

Maybe Bob has the right idea, and I should play $215 worth of smaller tournaments so I hopefully get the best of both worlds - hopefully winning some cash and getting plenty of tournament action. If I win a satelite using my $T, I'll take the damn seat and stop being a big wuss.

That said, he did say it wasn't that much stronger competition, and I'm not doing anything else this Sunday... [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush, but what about if there are ten birds in the bush and I've got 20 birds at home?

My BR is closing on 4K which is 400BB at the highest limit I play, usually I'm at 3/6 or even 2/4. It's plenty big at the moment, and I've made all the withdrawals I need for a month or two so the $200 I could get for a sale isn't as significant as it would have been a couple months ago. It's still $200 though.