View Single Post
Old 08-02-2005, 08:25 PM

Default PT - help running a postgreSQL query on autorate groups ??

hello my fellow posters,

I would like to run some queries on the 14 different autorated groups in my Poker Tracker PostgreSQL database.

Anyone with the postgreSQL know-how willing to help me out?

Specifically, i would like to calculate the mean and standard deviation of the following for each of the 14 autorated groups (the autorated groups as a whole):
- vol put money in pot
- pfr%
- total aggression
- went to showdown %
- won money at showdown %

Any help getting started would be much appreciated as i am completely new to posgreSQL and have no clue where to begin. I do have experience doing statistical analyses using programs such as SPSS....but basically no computer programming know-how.

Running the different analyses is likely very similar, it is a matter of setting up the first one and varying the field of interest (...although how i have not a clue even after spending a couple hours reading the postgreSQL forums).

In the output, i would like to have descriptive stats for the various autorated groups in my database.

For example, it might read
1) "eagle" - 700 items(players) with a Mean PFR% of 2.3 and a SD of 2.5
2) "fish" - 950 items with a Mean.....and so on for each group.

....then i would repeat and run for each different stat listed above.

cheers and much obliged for any help,
the Real Macoy

ps.
The reason is that I am hoping to get some population norms together of the limits that i have been playing with regard to oppenents playing styles in relation to win-rates. Of primary importance will be which groups are actually winning/losing the most money as a whole and how best to target/avoid them by their playing styles. By varying my autorate rules i should be able to see whether the population of opponents in my database is accurately/effectively captured by my current rules.

Something along the lines of Tiburion41's post/research at BTP

bet the pot post...on our way to limit autorate rules