Thread: Whats the play
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2005, 07:12 PM

Default Re: Whats the play

I had plans for the reraise all in pre flop if button raised. The call by MP is what threw that plan for a loop.

As it turned out. I bet right out 1000. MP called and button folded. With that flop my 10's are usually golden so I [censored] my pants when MP called. I checked the brick turn and so did he. At that point I thought it was for sure either AK that whiffed or that lower PP. I figured any card that wasn't an A or K on the river and I am movin in. River was a 9 and I pushed. He insta calls and shows the boat with pocket 3's.

I should have pushed preflop. He would have never called with 3's. I was just worried about an UTG push and going into a coin flip with KJ. There had been a few people calling all ins with that type of hand. Only other way was if I raised something like 1000. That would have put 1600 in the middle with him having to call at 1/1.6. Button would have folded to that I am sure. As it were he had to call 700 to win 3200. Not necessarily the right odds to flop a set but, A) he could get away if it didnt set and still have a decent stack and B) if it did hit he could break me or double up thru button.

Thanks for the input!