View Single Post
Old 08-02-2005, 06:45 PM

Default Re: AA 10/20, simple turn/river decision

[ QUOTE ]
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'd call the turn here and raise his ensuing river bet. You'll make more vs. a solid opponent who can fold to a 3-bet. Likewise a lower 2pair type hand is less likely to reraise on the river than they are on the turn.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I like.

[/ QUOTE ]

Against some opponents I like, but for a no read I dont. The point of raising on the turn here is to leave your options open on the river. I think waiting until the river to raise him will lead you into trouble more often than not. By raising the river you leave your opponent open to losing only one bet on the river (if he folds) but will usually end up having to pay him off an extra 2 bets when he was indeed slowplaying a set or strong 2 pair. IMO waiting for the river to attack in this situation is costly.
Also, someone said that by raising the river you can get a small two pair to slow down. That is great and all, but why would you ever do that knowing he will most likely call with a better hand?
But hey, we all play different.