View Single Post
Old 08-02-2005, 06:40 PM

Default Re: How\'s This? Party 30/60.

[ QUOTE ]
There are some good thoughts and points in this thread. However, I couldn't help but think that if your having problems/questions on playing overpairs in the hole, how well are you playing everything else?

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh...I dunno, I feel like I'm already playing my suited 3-gappers superbly. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Seriously though, I still have a lot of room for improvement, these were just a couple of hands I had questions on. Most of your profit comes from the big pairs anyway, right, so isn't it a good idea to learn how to play them properly?

To other posters, regarding why I didn't jam the flop in Hand#1:

I didn't think it would protect my hand at all since everybody had already called one bet, and if the SB has a better hand I will get 3-bet. I may also minimize damage if the turn comes a bad card like an A or K. If I am ahead I can charge them two big bets when my equity improves on a safe turn card.

With Hand#2 this reasoning doesn't really apply since no overcards can fall on the turn, and I'm not worried about bigger pairs so I probably should have jammed the flop here, but I was mixing up my play a bit by waiting for the turn.