View Single Post
Old 08-02-2005, 05:26 PM

Default Accused wrongly of cheating

A few months ago, I played on a boozy St Patricks nights with 2 golfing 'aquaintances' after our St PAtricks day society round. They are both very good friends with each other, and I have recently just got to know them through golf. They both approached me with a glint in their eye to play a game of poker with them, as they heard I played a little bit. I said OK, as long as it was NLHE, we settled for PLHE. They said £100, I laughed and said £300 was needed to stop me drinking, otherwise forget it. They clearly were out to skin me, but this surprised them....OK they said.

We highcarded for the deal, and I shuffled and the cards were cut by the player on my right. Then I dealt from the SB, all the while the cards were in plain view on the table. It was 1/2 PLHE.

I got J8o. Flop came T74 rainbow. I bet £3, 2 callers. The turn was the 9 giving me the nut str8. I bet £10. BB rasied to 30, button rasied to 100, I pushed. Both called. BB flipped over top set, and button flipped over bottom str8, 86. river was a blank and I scooped the pot of £900 in the first hand. I gave them their 300 back each (it was a golfing day and I didnt want to be a jerk) so we could continued playing. 20 minutes later, I had it all, with £600 in IOUs.

Months later, they are saying that I cold decked them...and they refuse to honour their debts and are bad mouthing me all over the golf club. Im a new member, and I think I may as well leave the club as these guys are well liked and established.

My image here isnt helped by the fact that I won the society golf auction on my first outting and almost £2k a week before this when, off a 9 handicap, I had the round of my life and shot 1 over gross to beat a field of 70. I also demolished their best pool and snooker players for about £1k as well over a golfing weekend in Ireland.

Unsurprisingly, everyone is very quick to believe that I am a cheating bandit.

Any thoughts on how to repair the damage. I really like this club.

Bingo