View Single Post
Old 08-02-2005, 02:43 PM

Default Re: PLO8, playing draws on the turn

Hand 1: I agree with you. I think the 4 in addition to the A2 makes a big flop raise the right play.

Hand 2: I wasn't getting the right odds to call. I think maybe I should have known the shortstack was sharing my low draw and folded. On the other hand, against that opponent, my implied odds were awesome.

Hand 3: I considered a raise on the flop for information. The turn bet could have been top two as easily as a set. I'm not sure I see the benefit of jamming the turn, though. It seems like he'll raise allin with anything that's beating me and fold most things that I'm ahead of (the exception being a wrap straight draw). I was hoping the low would hit, obviously, then he might call a big bet with an inferior high hand, assuming I just hit my low. I would have folded to a potsize bet on the river.

Hand 4: Yeah, I think a check-call is usually best here. I was hoping I could get him to lay down a naked low or flush draw with the bet on the turn (two hands he often calls with on the flop, with, I think, the intention to steal on the turn.) The turn raise feels like a set to me, which made the laydown at that point easy.

On hand 4, does anybody think a check-raise on the flop would be better?