View Single Post
Old 08-02-2005, 09:03 AM

Default Re: PLO8, playing draws on the turn

I generally agree with Wintermute's comments. It sees to me like you are calling too much, telling your opponents that you are drawing, where raising in some cases may get them to back off or fold.

On hand 1 you have top pair (albeit not a great pair) and nut low draw. I'd raise max. By calling you are saying you are on a low draw. A follow through raise on the flop might make your opp give you credit for AA2x and let go. When you flat call flop it's easy for opponent to keep pressure when low misses on turn.

Hand 2 was good.

Hand 3 I'd bet the turn or raise the max with baby set and nut low draw. Sometimes quads happen. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Hand 4 again it seems like you are letting opponent take control and forcing you to react. I would definitely check call as you still are in good position with nut low draw and top pair going to river.

Of course, this is easier said than done as you may wind up getting stacked off in all 3 hands where I think more aggression is warranted if opp has the goods.

AA