Thread: Holdem is easy.
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2005, 07:55 AM

Default Re: Holdem is easy.

i am in a fortunate position in university as my parents pay for everything except my leisure spending (they are not loaded at all, they just saved so i could go through university without paying, it only costs a fraction here in UK than what it does over in the US). So this in the past 6 months the $10K ive made i clearly havent needed to spend it all.
Since i posted this i then went on to read a post by some guy called GGbag, something like that, some 17 year old who's made a sod load. What was being posted there made me think a lot, and my plan is to play whenever i feel like and try to build up my roll so i can easily afford to play the $400 without any concerns about dropping a couple of buy ins. Ive no want to play a 40 hour week trying to earn every dollar i can, ive got quite a few non-poker enjoyable activities (okay, one of them is getting pissed, but sport as well) and i dont want to sacrafice them for an extra 25 hours a week to play online making money i dont have time to enjoy spending.
I can see poker always being a very nice side income, just at the moment i think i have reached almost an inflexion point! I have gone from playing so i can afford to go out and do all the things i want to (to a point) to now having enough money to be able to start building up a serious bankroll and hopefully move up some limits. Just my problem is i dont have the time to play enough to build up roll at a decent pace, but then again, maybe thats a good thing.

Thanks for the replies, muchos appreciated