View Single Post
Old 08-02-2005, 06:28 AM

Default Re: How to tell if your team has a hole.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
701 OPS for a RF- I'd say so. He ranks 28th in OPS out of the 29 RFs that have enough plate appearances to qualify. Another pathetically bad RF is Richard Hidalgo of the Rangers.

[/ QUOTE ]

Richard Hidalgo is one of the worst full-time players in the bigs... the fact that he's still around after the last couple of years boggles the mind, but he could probably be a decent defensive sub (he's good with the glove, even in center).

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah. 2000 and 2003 were Hidalgo's only really good years. He's been crappy in all of the rest, and especially crappy for the last 1 and half seasons. I could understand it if he were a CF, but he's not. He's an RF and he just has to hit better. If he can't then the Rangers should designate him for assignment, because he is an offensive liability.

I'm actually surprised that the Yankees didn't make a move for Hidalgo, because Hidalgo is pretty good defensively and has the speed and range to play CF. They probably could have gotten Hidalgo for one or two mid-level prospects, and then the Rangers would have gotten to save 2.5 million this year.