View Single Post
Old 08-02-2005, 06:09 AM

Default Re: Theory From One of Sklansky\'s Books

DS --
"The Black Scholes model is not a proof regarding math. You offered it up as an example of when an accepted mathematical proof turned out to be wrong."

"First of all, I did not offer Black-Scholes as "an example of when an accepted mathematical proof turned out to be wrong". How can you say I did? Are you lying, are you too dumb to understand what I said, are you being illogical, or is the wish just father to the thought for you? I said I had problems with it myself but that's entirely different from saying "it turned out to be wrong". I've since been getting some great lessons that explain it in a common sense way and which I suspect a lot of people are enjoying. jason1990 and mosta are a couple of very sharp guys"

Pair The Board,

You have a problem. Perhaps it is simply that you read too fast. But this is about the fifth time something similar has happenned with you. I would be willing to say that my unclear writing is the problem except that others seem to understand it. In any case you completely misunderstood my point about your Black Scholes post.

I originally said that I knew of no generally accepted proof of a math theorum that later turned out to be wrong. You mentioned that the Black Scholes model might be. And now you think I am admonishing you because it isn't wrong. READ SLOWER. I have no idea whether it is right or wrong. My admonishment to you was that the example you brought up was in error, not because Black Scholes is not wrong, but BECAUSE IT IS NOT A MATH PROBLEM.