View Single Post
Old 08-02-2005, 03:23 AM

Default Re: Having trouble beating a home game

"I've kept the same strategy I always have... tight aggressive."

My guess is that you are not adjusting to playing conditions. Two calling stations and three maniacs in a full game is heaven; in a short handed game it is not too bad either! Concentrate on mid and high suited connectors and sometimes one-gappers in late position, 6 or better pairs, and of course AT+, KQ both suited and unsuited. In late position, add some Q+9+ suited hands. Cold call two bets with these as long as there are already a few callers of the raise before you. Call single bets on flop with minimum of overcards w/ strong redraws if you are getting the proper odds. Play more passively PF and on the flop (your maniacs will bet for you and the calling stations give you the pot odds). Playing passively will also allow you to often end the betting. If you hit, make them pay on the turn and on the river. You will have a *lot* more variance in this game and will need brass balls to stay in hands to the river with not very much. But you can win a lot.

Good luck, you are a very lucky poker player to have a game like that.

Oh, BTW. I am not sure if you play limit or no-limit. My suggestions are for limit hold'eml.