Thread: Tough Spot
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2005, 01:33 AM

Default Re: Tough Spot

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Grunch.
MP2 could be slow playing trips or a straight or betting a flush draw, but since you are last to act I think you have an advantage. Raise the turn. If you are reraised you can release your hand. If they call down I think they're showing weakness and I'd raise or bet on a non-heart river for value.

[/ QUOTE ]

This smells like spew to me. I take that back. This definately IS spew. Hero has Ace high here. What is he betting/raising with?

Edit: Disregard the Ace high comment. I forgot about the ace on the turn. Still spewing though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Alright, so do you call or fold? Again, I'm posting my grunches to learn and they aren't necessarily going to be good strategy, but how I would play the hand. If I'm wrong, I'm here to learn. I appreciate you letting me know you think my grunch is wrong though.

If raising is too loose, I'm going to fold. I think the value in the raise would be to take control on the river, but if these guys are playing tight and the turn raise comes across as a message of strength then you should get out of the hand. Calling here seems like it doesn't achieve anything.