View Single Post
Old 08-01-2005, 10:46 PM

Default Re: Broadway + flush redraw on a paired board.

I cannot understand calling in the SB with this hand unless you were going all in. There are VERY few flops you will want to play. Your hand simply has no chance to get any action unless it is way behind. Even if you are ahead and get action you certainly won't be able to keep pushing. I wouldn't even consider calling from the button and in a PL game I'm going to have very similar calling requirements from both spots to compensate for my poor position.

The hand as it played out is no shock. You had do-do and your bad position put you in a spot where you had no idea what to do. The re-pot bet could be from someone with a bare J, but why would he check that flop. Most likely he flopped or turned a better hand than yours. Even if he is simply trying to push you around, you have no choice but to let yourself be pushed.

I don't see why you think he would want to wait until the river to raise. Are you any more likely to call after he calls and a blank falls? In fact, when you bet you pretty much need to figure that you will either take the pot now or abandon the hand. If you had the button, you could bet the turn and check it down if called and fold to a check-raise.

Jim