View Single Post
Old 08-01-2005, 06:27 PM

Default Re: Can I fold here ?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Raising might induce a worse, or better hand to fold. Calling won't. Folding saves you money. calling won't

Calling is usually for slowplaying or when your last or 2nd-last to act and you can be quite certain you will close the action (say, for example, you were drawing and didn't want to fold or raise)

[/ QUOTE ]

I *think* we can establish with 95% certainty that we're behind on this turn, and as such we'll probably get three-bet if we raise. We are last to act on the turn and we're drawing to a decent number of outs against most three betting hands except AK. Please correct me as to why calling is still wrong here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I fully agree this is a raise/fold situation. Calling accomplishes nothing. If we're really that sure we're behind (I've never been "95%" sure, ever) then easy fold why stick around a pay him off. Raising ,however IMO is the best option b/c it forces the decision into the other guy's lap. He'll be the thinking about whether he's got you beat - if he decides that yes he's got the winning hand then a 3-bet will let you know that at which point you can muck. You put in 2 bbs for the raise (just like calling the turn and river bets) but you'll have a much more accurate assessment of where you stand plus the chance of him folding (tiny, I know) definately pushes this on into a turn raise.