View Single Post
Old 08-01-2005, 03:58 PM

Default Re: How do you do your analysis so fast??

Hey mate, Good post.

I no longer consider myself a "beginner" but i do not consider myself intermediate as theres so MUCH to learn about this game. Admitedly, You can check/Call/Fold sounds simple... But when you bring in Equity/Pot odds/Implied odds/Strategys(Check/raise etc) it soons adds up.

First thing that i normally see is my pot odds.

Second thing, Am i needing to improve or do i most likly hold the best hand? Bet/Riase if i think i hold the best.

Check/Call(IF I HAVE THE ODDS or IMPLIED ODDS) to improve to what most likly will be the better hand once i hit it.

Now on flush's i MIGHT bring "Equity" into it. If i have say the nuts flush that i hit 35% of the time by the river(with turn/river cards to come) and i have 3 callers including me. I'm putting 25% of the cash in, So i have 10% EDGE.

EVERY BET THAT GOES IN THE POT IS MORE MONEY FOR ME.

Usually equity doesnt come into it.

So my chain of thought is either:
Pot odds, Odds to improve.....

OR

Am i leading? YES most likly, BET/RAISE, What cards can he have that he "bet the flop with, didnt 3bet the flop with... then bet the turn? Did he just hit two pair? Has he been crazy in the past hands with nothing? Am i now behind? Ok i think so" CHECK/CALL...

Its really hard to explain, its all so situation dependant so the best thing to do is go to the micro forum, Post what you would do.

You'll be told your wrong, and corrected... argue why(Maturely) and learn whats best. Accept when your wrong so you improve.

Post hands you think you screwed up on, Post close calls... DONT POST BAD BEATS THEY ARE BORING.

GOOD LUCK,
POKhER.