View Single Post
Old 08-01-2005, 02:55 PM

Default Re: HEPFAP, Page 22 First 2 Cards, EP

[ QUOTE ]

No, this is wrong. You make more money when more people call even though your winrate goes down a bit. The extra money more than compensates for the reduced winrate. Its not about pots its about money, yada yada yada. I've been through this discussion a lot of times on these boards, sorry.

[/ QUOTE ]

True, but having your 'dream scenario' of everybody calling your raise may end up just giving some opponents the correct odds. For example, say you are in a five-handed game and raise UTG with AA and that the next three players, with KK, QQ, and JJ respectively, call. The big blind is looking at 72o, a hand which will win 11.3% of the time against the four other big pairs, and he's getting 9-to-1 on his money! To further exaggerate for the purpose of clarity, say you raise AA UTG in a 20-handed game and everybody calls - I think anybody would start wincing at each call after about the 15th or so [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].

So I personally would amend this answer to say that if I have AA, I want as many people calling as possible provided they are making a mistake in doing so. Unfortunately, getting exactly x number of people to call your raise and no more is a topic that has yet to be examined by the canon of poker literature. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]