View Single Post
Old 08-01-2005, 02:49 PM

Default Re: HEPFAP, Page 22 First 2 Cards, EP

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Yes, because the more people there are the bigger the chance that the aces will be busted by a drawing hand. High pairs work well with few people, meaning you need to narrow the field down to just a few.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, this is wrong. You make more money when more people call even though your winrate goes down a bit. The extra money more than compensates for the reduced winrate. Its not about pots its about money, yada yada yada. I've been through this discussion a lot of times on these boards, sorry.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, then are S&M wrong? Or am I misinterpreting it?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd say they worded it wrong if they were only talking about AA, and if they didn't add that part in parenthesis. But they also mention AK/AQ and QQ. I think the important thing is that letting in a lot of people for 1 bet instead of 2 is what is really bad for those hands.

Obviously if you asked Sklansky or Mason if they'd rather have 1 caller or 4 callers when they raise AA UTG they'd both rather 4 and 5 would be better still. Here I think they're trying to warn of the dangers of letting weaker holdings in for 1 bet. This danger is even worse for hands like AQ, KK, and QQ then it is for rockets and they're referring to those hands as well.