Thread: Holdem is easy.
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2005, 01:03 PM

Default Holdem is easy.

Right, ive been playing for quite a few years to fill time and the last 15 months ive been playing seriously, 15 hours a week approximately. I play NL holdem short handed. I honestly believe i have reached a point where i only make possibly 1 incorrect call or bet or raise or fold every 2-3 hours, which will cost me max 5-6 dollars. I play the 1-2NL, 200 buck sit downs. This year ive made just over $10,000 playing part time, roughly 15 hours a week, but had to stop playing now and again for exams. But my hourly rate when i kept records for january, feb, and march was from memory $37/hour, pretty good i think.
I dont play ultra aggressive, but i raise a lot by 2-4BB when i have postion and then act accordingly due to position and who im up against (i usually raise with position though).
So anyway, recently, in the last month, ive found it getting just so simple, i know what the best decision and i play correct and whenever i lose i know its simply been the cards havent hit and have for the others and its just good decisions with bad outcomes.
Part of me thinks i should move up limits, but i dont want to, i wont feel comfortable playing 2-4NL, 400 buck sit downs, i wouldnt be able to play my A game style. My bankroll could just afford it, but i wouldnt like making any +EV pretty big calls knowing how much i could lose in a session.
Any else ever gone through this? Ive been thinking maybe i could switch to MTTs for a month or so to try and play peerfect and to get lucky with the cards (as you have to in MTTs, not 'get lucky', but simply not 'get unlucky'). But then i find spending 3 hours only not to win big and coming just in or just out of the bubble frustrating.

Anyways, this has been a free-flowing post, maybe i need to step up limits for a harder challenge, ive built up enough money to be financial comfortable, and dont want to risk this money, so dont really want to be playing the $400 sit downs, yet i cant see my future being in $200. I find limit so darn basic its purely down to putting up with variance, thats the difficulty with limit once youve learnt a lot, dealing with watching people make bad calls and getting lucky.
Anyways, if any of you ahve had similar thoughts, or simply want to tell me to shut up, replies would be greatly appreiciated.

cheers