View Single Post
Old 08-01-2005, 12:02 PM

Default Early aggressiveness in Empire50K

Congrats on your recent wins and thanks so much for posting these. I think seeing someone else’s (successful) approach will help my game, and my game needs a lot of help.

I've walked through the 109-second and PPM-1st tourneys. In general you seem pretty tight (not surprising) but also pretty passive after the flop if you don't hit it hard. I guess I'm a little surprised you get much action when you do play.

I'm now "playing" your Empire50k tourney. I'm replaying each hand and deciding what to do before I see what action you took.

I'm still in the first round, and it looks like your evil twin is playing.

1st hand - limp with J7s (normally a fold for you?)

3rd hand - limp with JTo (not unusual) then on flop of 936
you called pot sized bet (normally a fold for you?)

5th hand - T3s in BB, with 6 limpers in, you raised 2.5X (normally a check?) but then after that you got in a reraise fest with two others players and ended up allin (one player had you covered and the other had 2/3's your stack). I admit the raises from the other two players were funky in amount and/or sequence and you probably deduced that neither was particularly strong but your play seems way out of nature given your T3s. They showed AJo and 77 and you outdrew them to win a huge pot.

Is there a different strategy at work here than in the other two tourneys?