View Single Post
Old 08-01-2005, 11:22 AM

Default Re: leading with middle set on turn OOP vs two opponents

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i don't like the flop check-raise, especially when you're giving great odds on a draw heavy board. i'd lead for $8 and likely 3-bet all-in if raised.

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you do it you get two callers on the flop and the same K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] turn? I assume a pot-sized bet on the turn and then give it up if they both come along and the river brings a heart.

I chose to check raise since I was confident someone would open with a raise behind me and I could get a big bet in but I wasn't confident anyone would reraise if I opened. I'm just starting out in this game and would love to hear your thoughts on this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Slowplaying is overrated and there are times for it. This is not one of those times. Pot the turn. Another Ace I move in and don't expect AK to turn up. Another heart that doesn't pair the board, i'm a little worried and most likely check/call a reasonable bet. I probably only check a board if the board is extremely drawless. An example for this hand would be K95 rainbow. This is the type of board you can checkraise. Only time I check on a heavy drawing board is with 5-6 players when I'm willing to take a chance and if it checks around reanalyze my situation. Just my thoughts, but pot this turn.
-Ace