View Single Post
Old 08-01-2005, 10:52 AM

Default Re: Cashing out at home games

[ QUOTE ]
Money stays on the table. Once it's put in play, it stays there. You can't put it to the side, take it out of play, put it in your pocket or cash it out. If you cash out, you cash out everything you have.

[/ QUOTE ]

We play this way in our home games, it's definietly the way to play. The downside can be that, in a friendly-social home game, since we play NL, the destination of most the money tends to be decided by a couple of hands between deep stacks towards the end of the night. With limit, however, this shouldn't be a problem.

As a slight aside, I've discovered that a number of the (less experienced) players in our home games divide their stack in two. One pile equivilent to their original buy-in(s), and then the rest. If someone is doing this, whilst playing NL/PL, and you really want to put them to a decision, then try to bet just enough to make sure they have to break into their buy-in stack. It sends your fold equity way up, in my experience.

Edit: hmmm... at least 4 people from that game read this board, so maybe I've just reduced my fold equity... for what it's worth, if any of you are reading this, I wasn't talking about you