View Single Post
Old 07-31-2005, 11:27 PM

Default Re: 500+50 tourney report (LOTS of poker content and I need help!)

[ QUOTE ]

Level 3, 500/1000 blinds. I get K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] MP+3 and open raise to 4000. Only the button calls and the flop is 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] I check, the button checks. Turn is 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] I check, button bets 3000, I raise to 10K and the button folds. Chip count 38.5K.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not too fond of this flop check. Let me figure your thought process out: "I've got top set (the nuts right now). I need to check to let my opponent bluff at me."

HOWEVER, it *appears* as though you've been making continuation bets the entire tournament, so a check on that type of board (with that much money in the pot) is definitely going to raise flags. I would say villain checks behind about 90% of the time here. Also, we can't be too fond of the two diamonds. I would just bet about 2/3 of the pot and hope villain has something to play along with (AK, KQ).