Thread: 10/25 UB hand
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2005, 09:13 PM

Default Re: 10/25 UB hand

tough spot, each line i think of has its drawbacks. my first thought was to bet pot and fold to an all-in. he could be on a straight or flush draw that you don't want to give a free card to. however, if you pot it and he does push, folding for ~1200 more in a ~3700 pot seems very unpalatable to me. so if you pot the turn, that's basically making a commitment decision.

my next thought was to bet 500-ish and leave myself wiggle-room to fold to a push, but a perceptive player might smell that weakness and move in with his draw, and as i understand it from previous posts of your experiences in the bigger games on ub, they're populated by very aggressive players who would do exactly that and put someone to the test.

meta-considerations are also important here, since i don't think you want other players seeing you lay down to a turn push after you've put in almost/more-than half your stack. i guess my final (and reluctant) decision is to marry the queens, if he flopped a monster so be it: pot it and call if he moves in.