View Single Post
Old 07-31-2005, 07:01 PM

Default Re: How would you play Aces in this hand?

[ QUOTE ]
Is this a really complex "Hay I busted AA with a straight flush roxx0r" post?

I push my AA preflop. I push that flop. I start checking to see if my mouse is plugged in by the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, this is one of those "Hey, I want to learn how to play poker better posts." If I wanted to brag about something I would've made a post about the 2 Royals I got in a 3-day span back in April. I did post about the second one, but only because I only made a t45 profit on it.

But, back to the learning. Why do you think pushing is better here than min raising?

If you push, the BB probably only calls with a pair or decent Ace. Otherwise, you just win his blind.

If you min raise, BB will probably push any pair, any Ace, and, if BB views the min raise as a simple steal attempt he might push with any 2 high cards.

If the BB simply calls your min raise, there's t1200 in the pot and you can push the flop. If the BB paired up one of his cards or got a draw he may still call your push and you'd be a favorite to win his stack and eliminate him. Of course, there's always a chance he'd flop a monster, but that chance also exists if he calls your preflop push.

It seems in the long run you'd earn more chips and money by min raising and pushing the flop. Or are you more interested in playing it safe on the bubble and simply winning his blind.