View Single Post
Old 07-31-2005, 06:09 PM

Default Re: Concept of Chopping Blinds

[ QUOTE ]
btw, what do you think of the rockford games? i used to go there all the time before i was big on online poker, played 2-5 and most recently did a few SNGs -- the games seem pretty donkified and the SNG players are almost all far dumber than party skin players, often completely clueless

[/ QUOTE ]

The games aren't too difficult, imo. The 5/10 wasn't too terrible (first time I had played the level at RCG), kind of soft, and we had the occasional donk sit down at the table. I sat down at the 2/5 table before I moved to the 5/10 (as I was waiting for a game), I didn't see too many hands at the 2/5 table, and saw this happen: capped preflop with 6 (maybe 7) to the flop. The winning hand ended up being Ten/Deuce of hearts (as the kid proclaims "Thank you Doyle," and kisses his cards). Everyone else flipped over garbage, excpet for the one holding KK who took a hard beat. I was in the BB next hand, and I go "don't even bother, I'm outta here."

I haven't given the SNG's a shot, as I heard they're crapshoots (with the ridiculous blind structure) and their terrible players. I guess that's what you'd ultimately want at the table, but then those are the people you are getting pissed at in the end.