View Single Post
Old 07-31-2005, 06:03 PM

Default Re: Foxwoods, an angle waiting to happen

[ QUOTE ]
When I was there a couple of months ago I saw a guy get called on this in a deep stacked 5/5 game. There were two guys in the hand and on the turn or the river one guys bets something like $1000 and this other guy (kind of a donkey) sits there thinking for a while then starts counting chips in front of his cards. After some time he decides he is going to fold, but the other guy protested that since this guy was counting his chips in front of his cards he is obliged to call. The guy then flips out and says there is no way he is paying because he didn't 'put his chips across the line' and the floor tells him that the line doesn't mean anything, that it is just there to help the dealers out. He ended up storming out clutching his chips. Foxwoods took the hit and paid the other player the bet that was 'called' and I would guess the other guy has never seem the inside of foxwoods again.

[/ QUOTE ]

What if you keep your cards to the side of your chips, and some of your chips are in front of your cards? Is your whole stack considered a bet then even if you don't touch those chips? That seems like a very strange rule to me. I normally keep my cards all the way up against the rail, next to my chips, should I be doing something different? I always keep my cards agains the rail to make sure I am "protecting my hand"

I only play limit, and rarely go to a B&M, so it might not matter much for me, but any clarification on this would be helpful.