Thread: 2 JJ hands
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2005, 02:04 PM

Default Re: 2 JJ hands

(forgive me if I am duplicating information, I didnt read the threads in case you exposed villians cards)

HH 1:
I dont like your call with JJ after the raise. This is acceptable in a ring game that you'll be at for a while to make you harder to read...but for SNGs I would stick in a re-raise - raise to 75 or something to go HU with adam858.

BUT, since you just called...the re-raise from SB indicates strength, but all the calls after is just weird. I am not sure what table you are at, 11s? I put villian on AK (maybe AQ if he is awful) and AA thru JJ, but you have the JJ so AA-QQ. TT is unlikely I think. Your call is fine, pot odds are ridiculously good even if you are against a higher pair...its close to 6:1ish. I call too, and be very cautious ...I dont see a J on the flop Im gone, I do and I push.

Post flop is weird based on my PF read, villian push looks weak (if he's a good player he might know he'll get paid off with a big hand). The 9 and T are scary for a set from the other callers on first look, but folds to you shows none. At this point, I change my read. villian looks like AK or QQ now, ill still give wieght to an oddly played KK or AA. I lose all my chips to a TT from villian.

I think your pot odds justify a call, but its close. I did some quick math and you need the P(villian holding AK) > 35% (the rest of the P assigned to higher pair) to be break even. I think with the push the P is better than that. I call and close my eyes.

HH 2)
Call might be ok since you are out of position (or is that the opposite?) - personally Id re-raise to see where I stand. I think you are against a set, flush draw seems too poor. I slow down on the turn.

Ok, Ill read the posts now...hope my 2 cents was worth the read.