View Single Post
Old 07-31-2005, 01:18 PM

Default Re: 6-max beginner needs help with a couple hands

You're going to be raising a lot PF in 6-max. When you don't hit flops, it's not hard to develop a weak-tight postflop image vs. aggro villians. That is why table selection and passive opponents rule so much. This is true for poker, but especially SH games.

Anyway I definitely like my hand enough to make a stand in Hand #1 if I feel like I'm on the verge of getting run over. Given your reads this is an easy flop raise IMO. I want SB to face 2 cold and fold any T, J, or K. There's a good chance BB doesn't have a Q and is just betting a low pair or straight draw, so you're probably not going to get 3-bet and if he picks up something on the turn he'll probably C/R instead of bet. If you spike an A or 9 bet the turn and the river. If you pick up nothing, bet the turn and check the river UI. If you pick up a 7, 8, or [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] on the turn, take the free card and call his river bet.

Hand #2 - stop the action after "Hero raises" because it provokes biased responses when you get 3-bet. But 3-bet or no 3-bet, I don't like the raise because I want the overcall with a 4-flush and questionable pair outs.