View Single Post
Old 07-31-2005, 10:04 AM

Default Re: TT from the big blind

I tend to call a raise with the trouble pairs, Jacks and Tens. You definitely want to see a flop. If you raise him and he goes AI, then what do you do? You don’t want to turn 10-10 into 7-2, like someone wrote. But, do you compound the problem later in the hand by not raising pf? That is the question I struggle with

Well, I like the call for these reasons. If you cold call a raise, he may think you have the monster. So if he in fact does have AK, AQ or maybe even AJ, KQ, and you come out betting when undercards flop, he may lay it down. If overs come out, you can either fold when he bets or you could try to get tricky with a bluff-check-raise. If you get called, then you are done with the hand.

The problem, of course, lies when he does have an overpair. Losing the least amount of chips and obtaining the most amount of information is crucial. I think you can proceed with a check-raise or simply bet out on the flop when unders hit. Again, if he reraises or bets the turn, you will have to release your hand.

Using this strategy you will lose the least amounts of chips (hopefully <1/3 of your stack), get the most information and get to see the turn card (hopefully).

What do you think? Comments? Am I overlooking something here?

Stipe