View Single Post
Old 07-25-2003, 12:15 AM

Default A Terrible Fold?!

A terrible fold!

So anyways, my cousin is playing on Party Poker (I won't reveal his age, because I'm pretty sure I will be attacked) and plays the following hand at 0.50-1.00 stakes. I was helping him play somewhat, but was not always paying attention, so none of this is set in stone.

It is a family pot to him in the BB, he has KK. He raises, and when it gets back around to him it is capped with everyone still in.

The flop comes J32 rainbow. The small blind comes out betting. He just calls (argh!). And the turn confront-them-with-two-bets raise probably won't work here; they'll call anyways. Well, when it gets back around, it is three bets to call, and my cousin caps the betting (argh again, somebody would have capped it behind).

The turn is a six (6J32 board) and puts two clubs on board. SB checks to my cousin who bets, a bunch of people call, and then it is raised by the middle position preflop limp reraiser. Some more people call, my cousin three bets and everyone calls.

The river is another J (J6J32 board), pairing the board but not putting the flush out there. The SB bets out and my cousin folds with three players to act behind him. The pot was somewhere in the neighborhood of 39 big bets.

What do you think? This is, after all, Party Poker...