View Single Post
Old 07-30-2005, 03:40 AM

Default Re: Favorite hand to crack aces

[ QUOTE ]
Just curious about fun stories of cracking aces and what your favorite hands are to do it--and of course the story associated with that.

Some of my fun stories, which I'm sure you all would find boring so I won't tell them, involve 43s, 42o, J3s, 87s, and my all time personal favorite hand, Big Lick-- 96 (Suited of clubs or spades being my choice).

And I think we all should take a moment of silence to thank those in the poker community who think 4:1 means invincible.

Also, at teh Excalibur, where they let you spin the wheel if your aces are cracked, the 1-2 NL is just the best for cracking aces--though I haven't been there since I moved up to 2-5 and mostly play online anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

My favorite beat of A-A was with 4-5 of clubs in a 15/30 limit game. The hand played like this...

UTG player raises for the 4th consecutive time and UTG+1 cold calls the raise and I 3-bet with 4-5c. Pot gets capped and we see the flop 3 handed. Having played with the capper a lot in the past including already alot tonight... I know he can cap with alot of hands and it doesnt have to be A-A.

The flop comes 7-5-2 with one club. The capper leads and the CC'r folds and I raise, he raises, I raise, he raises, I raise, he finally just calls.

The turn is a 4 and I have hit my gin card. Capper leads again and I raise, he just calls.

River is a 10 and he checks and calls and MHIG!!

The funny thing was on the end when he called he said "Did you flop a set?"
I reply "No but two pair must be good!"

It was a fun hand that I got lucky on... but it did wonders for my image... as I play 99% of the time live against a very regular lineup and turning over a play like that certainly makes them pay me off even more!!