View Single Post
Old 07-30-2005, 01:31 AM

Default Re: Urgent!!!! Absolute and Their Parent Company?!?

[ QUOTE ]
I will keep you guys posted on this situation and please if anyone has any more advice on this topic please don't hesistate to input your 2 cents.

[/ QUOTE ]
Is your Absolute account truly closed or did you just take all the money out? Maybe someone has taken over the empty account and is misusing it. I would try to log in if possible and find out what is going on.

Other ideas:

1. Politely contact Absolute and ask them what the problem is. Diplomacy first, war later.

2. Ditto the collection agency.

3. Check your Neteller transaction history and talk to Neteller. Make sure Neteller actually paid Absolute and didn't charge it back for some reason.

4. You don't mention what country you live in. I'll assume USA. In addition to your usual rights with debt collectors you may have additional weapons related to gambling. Absolute has no legal right to do business in this country. Furthermore gambling debts in general are not enforceable in many jurisdictions. They probably cannot take this matter to an American court and the collection agency may face regulatory restrictions because it's possibly not a legal debt (even if it were real). It may seem stupid that legal technicalities might carry more weight with the collection agency than the fact that you don't actually owe money, but that might be the way it is. The same considerations may apply to the credit reporting agencies. They may not be willing to touch online gambling especially if you press the point.