View Single Post
Old 07-29-2005, 11:59 PM

Default Re: My Thoughts

Lost my internet connection there for a bit.

[ QUOTE ]
As for Catt's reply...calling the turn and raising the river is an awesome idea as long as you know that he will bet again on the end with hands like 77 and 98s. The problem is that they will almost always check/call since hands like AQ and AJ aren't going to payoff given the action.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm surprised that someone playing seriously at 4/8 in Vegas and decked out in Full Tilt gear is checking this river. It's the perfect opportunity for him to make a "big laydown."

FWIW, I don't think a turn raise folds him (or many thinking players, for that matter). The flop 3bet followed by the turn raise might pull it off, but I'm skeptical (though this is hopeless, IMHO, without the flop 3-bet). It just feels too much like you're trying hard to fold him out with the aggression as opposed to trying to collect bets with a strong hand like trip Ks. I would think he probably calls the raise and checks the river, in which case you're now committing your 3rd bet on a bluff or checking the river with A-high. If I'm willing to put in 3 bets on a bluff, I'd rather do it by calling the turn and raising the river with smoke since I think our FE is much higher with this line. But Villain foiled the plan by wisely checking the river.

I still think you probably weren't drinking enough.

Edit: This approach may not work in a B&M game. I generally don't play live so this may be an internet thing. Eventually I'll convince my wife to let me out of the house and I might try to hook up with Brad to go play Lucky Chances since I'm just over the hills from him.