View Single Post
Old 07-29-2005, 09:16 PM

Default Re: Tunica WSOP Circuit Event Schedule of Events

yes. i agree with this assessment.

i might also add that a lot of players just plain suck. and you would be amazed at HOW MUCH they suck.

you would THINK that it would attract more skilled players....and it does.
but the percentage of totally crappy players that these events can attract exceeds the skilled players coming into town.

However, I'm not sure the 10/20 or 20/40 limit games will be THAT much better than usual. They are already typically pretty juicy at the Tunica Horseshoe imo.

But don't underestimate the tilt-ish "we'll i'll just get my entry-fee money back on the ring-game tables" factor.

At the WPO in January I was standing in the long line for the single-table satellites (my very first time there) and the guy in line with me was yapping non-stop about how he was just going to play in the tournaments when he could...and then just make his 'easy $1k a day in the 10/20 games'.
Evidently, he's so good that he has no problem earning 50BB a day (this is sarcasm....he just had no clue what was realistic at a given limit).
I played in the single-table satellite with him and his play was just awful.

Which brings up another point....if you want to try the fast-ish structure of the single-table satellites then I recommend going for it.
I played a bunch of these at the WSOP in Vegas and the quality of competition was just terrible.
Every $100 single-table sat pretty much played like a $10 SNG on Party.
The $225 single-table sat's played like a $20 or $30 SNG on party.
The fast structure leads to some variance of course....but the competition is absolutely crushable.

Every major event that I have partially attended (WPO in January, PPM IV in March, WSOP in Vegas in July) has been like a convention of the world's stupidest poker players all converging to brag about how great they are.

We're talking sometimes finding a 10/20 or 20/40 table that will get capped PF by some crazy drunks with 22 and A8.
Again, that actually doesn't make it THAT much different than how the Horseshoe 10/20 and 20/40 games will occasionally play.

your mileage may vary.