View Single Post
Old 07-29-2005, 07:51 PM

Default Re: An open letter to the forum

[ QUOTE ]
what makes you so high and mighty to look down upon anyone who makes a post that is "old news" to you?

if someone took the time to make as many keystrokes as it takes to type out a "n00b post", then they clearly have a honest question they want an answer to. You and I may know how the seach function works, and *whos* posts we should pull out of memory/history to get the answer, but the person with a 2 digit post count may not know these things.

I dont like your attitude. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

Its not your forum to make rules for. You dont have to answer a post you are too good for, but you needent bitch about them either. You think you ever asked some n00b stuff when you were starting out? I think you have. I did. Did you get a meaningful response from some pooh-bah that obviously has answered the same question 5 times before? I did. Did you appreciate him taking the time to answer your question? I did. I suspect you also appreciated it at the time, but have forgotten, and are not willing to reiprocate now, as you have learned what you needed to learn.

BL' [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was waiting for this one. I just didn't know who it would come from. I am not bitching, I am asking. I have never flamed anyone. I have answered every question where I thought I could provide insight. When I first posted you usually got flamed on your first post for not knowing anything and things have certainly mellowed.

Look, I am not knocking anyone for posting interesting questions, ways to play hands, anything. I encourage it and love the new blood in here. All I am asking is that we remember why there are multiple forums on this site, that there is a huge archives with great information and that there is a sticky thread to help people with the most common questions.

I don't think pointing this out is a bad attitude or being high and mighty. Actaully I think it is the other way around. Just because it is easy to type some words on a web site its easy to be tough, pointed, etc. I treat this place like I am in a room with my friends, face to face, which is why I was very calm, polite and sincere in my letter - not over the top, grumpy and bitchy. I have not asked for any new rules, I am not trying to set any rules, that is why it was a letter, not a bitchy demand that things change.

All I am asking is that people help keep this place the place that everyone likes to come and post, that is all. If you are offended by that I can't help it - but I'd appreciate that you refrain from calling me high and mighty. I am a very humble person and have nothing but gratitude to this forum - I just don't want to see it deteriorate. It's my point of view, which I'm entitled to as much as you are yours.