View Single Post
Old 07-29-2005, 06:42 PM

Default Re: I have to be ahead.....don\'t I?

[ QUOTE ]
what do you put my opponents on then?

And, while I concede that I may be ahead, anything you say my opponents can have, I'll tell you why they can't have them (and this includes hands that beat me).

Josh

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll bite.

BB could have:

- JxTx: Reasonable call BTF. Flop check-call reasonable, players don't always protect/jam on the flop. Going for a turn checkraise is also reasonable. River bet out and cap reasonable considering turn got checked through. Comment elsewhere in this thread regarding "folding after slowplaying usually wrong" applies here.

- AcJx: Reasonable call BTF. Flop check-call reasonable/happens. Turn missed his checkraise. River bet out followed by a fustration cap.

- 2x 2x: Auto call BTF. Real players do take one of on flop getting only 8.7 to 1. Turn checked through so he couldn't fold. Hits set on river. Overplays it since turn was checked through.

- TT: Some people don't three bet to a raiser and cold caller. Rest of hand makes perfect sense.

CO could have:

- JT suited: Unknown players make these calls cold BTF. On flop decided to wait until turn to raise or wanted to see what comes. Turn decided to slowplay since he was checked to hoping for river bet or club. Not my play but reasonable/possible. River three-bet standard after turn is checked through.

-AcJx: Most would three bet BTF but may have heard cold calling is the new reraising. Flop call reasonable with second pair, backdoor flush draw. Turn decided he was way ahead and decided to slowplay. River standard three bet with nut flush.

There must be other hands but I'm too tired. I like Lawrence Ng's estimate of 40% you are ahead. My guess is you lost this hand, but even so, if repeated in another lifetime I like that 40% figure.

~ Rick

PS If you lost this hand, try to run good next time [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]