View Single Post
Old 07-29-2005, 04:04 PM

Default Re: first 6-max hand: KQs in SB

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
you probably weren't going to bet the turn anyway if you didn't pick up your flush draw, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually the flush draw would make me consider check/calling the turn instead if the preflop raiser raised the flop. I would hate to bet the turn and get raised and have to call knowing that I'm behind. And a free card wouldn't be terrible.

[/ QUOTE ]

see i thought the exact opposite. i wouldn't care if it got raised as i have increased outs to beat it. i would, however, hate to have it raised w/o the additional outs knowing i'm behind with fewer ways to improve.

[/ QUOTE ]

Try to get out of this line of thinking. In general you want to bet/raise without outs and check/call with outs on the turn. Of course there are exceptions.
In this particular case I don't mind the turn bet because BB appears to be donating, and you'd hate to see this get checked thru with the best hand after only 1 bet went in on the flop.

Edit: Lets say you open raise the button and you're HU in position with A5 against a blind. He checks you bet he calls a T9x flop. I am more inclined to fire again on this turn when I have A5 than if I had AK. It's more likely you have 6 clean outs with AK, you can fold to a C/R easier w/ A5 and plus AK has slightly more showdown value if he decides to bluff the river.