View Single Post
Old 07-29-2005, 01:47 PM

Default Re: Tough spot with QQ on turn...pot too big and I dont know where I a

[ QUOTE ]
Which cards, other than the 5c, do you not want to see on the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

I bet the full pot on the flop. This is actually rare for me, as my usual bet is about 75-85% of the pot regardless of if I have a monster or am just continuation betting. I got called in 2 spots after some fairly aggressive preflop action.

Preflop, for the SB to reraise the FIRST hand I played at the table, I put him on a big pair and possibly AK with about a 20% chance for something like 66 and below (I've seen players do this to try and win a huge pot when they hit). For the BB to cold-call instantly told me something like 99-JJ and maybe AK.

On the flop I'm most worried about the BB but the reraise-check line from the SB is just so freaking suspicious that I need to bet and see what's going on. Called in two spots and I instantly start to think about a flush draw (Ac Kc?) and the BB's call-call line is getting even more suspicious.

Thus I potentially don't want to see a club on the turn, a board-pairing card, or even a Q. Thats like 18 cards or something.

I checked the turn because I thought it was reasonably likely that I was either dead to a flush or way behind a set (that was also scared by the club and decided to let another card go by to try and fill). The river makes me a 5 card hand which gives me showdown value, and I called a less-than-half pot bet from the SB (the BB dropped...can't be sure what he had).

The Doc