View Single Post
Old 07-29-2005, 01:36 PM

Default PLO8 noob -- how\'s my line?

Hey, I'm pretty much a noob when it comes to pot limit O8, but for some reason I decided to play some last night. How badly did I screw this up? Is this really standard? I can always try to explain my thoughts (though they will be very, very low-level). This is from the $50 max game on Party, so the blinds are .25/.50. At the start of the hand my stack is $55, the CO's stack is $86.

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Folded to Hero. Hero raises the pot ($1.75). MP2 (loose guy on tilt) goes all-in for $3.50. Folded to CO (fairly solid, maybe a little weak), who calls $3.50. Folded back to hero, who calls $1.75.

From here on out, I'm just going to ignore the all-in player, because, well, he doesn't matter a whole lot to me.

Flop: 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, pot: $11.25)</font>
Hero bets $6. CO calls $6.

I like this bet because it kind of entices the guy to stay in with a lot of things, and he's gotta be behind my nut/nut draw, right?

Turn: K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, pot: $22.10)</font>
Hero bets $22.10. CO calls $22.10.

At this point, I'm kind of hoping he goes away, so I pot it. Perhaps I should have bet less, maybe something like $12, so I would have more flexibility on the river?

River: 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players, pot: $65 or so)</font>
Hero bets $23.40 (all-in). CO ???

Anyway, both of my draws bricked out, and I can't beat 2 pair. And, thanks to betting so much on the turn, I can't cut his odds to worse than 3.8:1. I feel like my only hope is to represent JT and make him fold something like two pair. Given that my read on him is that he's weak, I thought he could fold two small pair here. Anyone just give up and hope to check it down?

Any thoughts on this would be appreciated. Results later.