Thread: Smoking Weed
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2005, 12:26 PM

Default Re: Smoking Weed

[ QUOTE ]
I didn't read the whole post from chipwrecked but I have been to some NA meetings in the process of going through treatment for my dumbass getting to drunk and getting into trouble and it all seems that they started with weed and got a lot worse. I think it really depends on the person, who you hang out with, and the availability of different drugs is a huge factor.

[/ QUOTE ]

I did the '90 meetings in 90 days' thing. At least I tried, I made it through about 50 days. I found the 12 step system isn't for me; I might be too cynical for it. But I'll never forget the people's stories.... meth is a horrible, horrible thing. I remember after my bud got killed I told anybody who would listen that crank (what we called it) was far worse than coke. It just wasn't on the radar yet in those days. I knew it would be. Anyway, that's what most of the NA folks that I met have had to deal with. Very, very, bad. The phrase that stuck with me the most is from the guy who said, "I thought it was everybody else who was the [censored]. I didn't realize until I got clean that it was me all along."

Thanks for the good word everybody. I appreciate it. OOT really does have a heart. Makes me feel pretty good.

*ahem* Now back to SIIHP! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]