Thread: Anyone tired?
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2005, 10:53 AM

Default Re: Anyone tired?

Thanks for all the great replies.

I played last night and had fun. I did come in first for a $300 win but I was having fun before that so again I still don't think it is result orientated.

Why was it fun? Well I drank a lot (a lot) and didn't really concentrate on Poker. We talked, told stories and jokes and just hung out while playing cards. I also started a Poker piggy bank at home for fun stuff.
I think one of the problems before was that I didn't really have a BR, since the games are for $40 or $60, 4 to 6 times a month I just took the money out of the bank if it wasn't in my pocket and if I won I just spent it on what ever (but nothing fun) or it went back to the bank. Luckily the losing or winning a few hundred a month didn’t really have an impact one way or another. But now and thanks to some of your post I gave the winnings to my wife and she’ll keep them for a trip or something fun. So it feels like I have a goal and I am looking forward to the next game.

Maybe I’ll go open up my Card Players now :-) Thanks again to all

PS

Giving the money to my wife to hold for a trip was a good idea because now she is even excited about me playing. ;-)