View Single Post
Old 07-29-2005, 10:00 AM

Default Results

Thanks for the comments everyone. Results: he took a long time, asked me if I had a flush, then folded.

My thinking was similar to Petteri's. I figure he has overs and may or may not have the flush draw. He could have a flush, but given the strong likelihood of an overpair, I'm not really worried about it on the turn.

Just calling on the turn seems like a bit of a mistake to me (though maybe I should have just bet out, I dunno). In particular, I don't get this reasoning:

[ QUOTE ]
If he doesn't have the flush, he's not calling. So you will have won what's in the pot at that point. But if he doesn't have the flush, you would have won that money with your 9's anyway. I

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not real experienced in this particular game, but I think sometimes I do get a call from red KK, for example.

But I don't know that I mind all that much when red KK folds either -- there is a bit of money in the pot already and when he doesn't have a flush, he does have a flush draw fairly often (approx half the time?).

If he has a flush, I can live with that. And I'm 3.6 to 1 to boat up by the way, not 4 to 1.