View Single Post
Old 07-29-2005, 04:45 AM

Default $.50/1 NL - in retrospect i misplayed this, how would you play it?

first let me say as always im looking for constructive criticism and comments and also how YOU would play this exact same hand.

a hand at interpoker .50/1$ nl.
following a lengthy session of high variance poker, and generally a lot of suckouts/pocket pairs running into slowplayed aces, etc.
a little background - about me (t_montana) and aceslady1 - the only 2 people in the hand.
aceslady1 was the only player i had really been involved in hands with since i sat down at this table not too long ago.
in the first hand we played together i had a set of deuces - slowplayed em on the flop (checks around), checkraised the turn (just me and aceslady) , and got minimum raised on the river. there was a possible straight (would have been open ended from the flop) so instead of reraising i simply called. aceslady flopped 2nd pair and rivered 2 pair. so i was a winner.
after that aceslady would call every raise i put out there, just to see a flop. apparently something about that set of deuces really set her off. then i'd bet, most of the time totally missing the flop, and she'd fold. all of this within the course of about 20 min, maybe a bit more. so when this hand happened - and aceslady1 raised me on the flop - i knew something was goin down.............

------HAND 11------
Game #743074634: Texas Hold'em No Limit ($0.50/$1) - 2005/07/29 - 02:54:53 (ET)
Table "Steelton" Seat 10 is the button.
Seat 1: CzarMD ($150.25 in chips)
Seat 2: Cyberjunk ($12.25 in chips)
Seat 3: Tobe2000 ($229.30 in chips)
Seat 4: Keshav52 ($99 in chips)
Seat 5: GreenThum ($65 in chips)
Seat 6: OhhhKKK ($16.50 in chips)
Seat 7: champ18 ($60.50 in chips)
Seat 8: Ur@munter ($29.75 in chips)
Seat 9: t_montana ($138.75 in chips)
Seat 10: AcesLady1 ($65.02 in chips)
CzarMD: posts small blind $0.50
Cyberjunk: posts big blind $1
----- HOLE CARDS -----
dealt to t_montana [Kh Qh]
Tobe2000: folds
Keshav52: folds
GreenThum: folds
OhhhKKK: folds
champ18: folds
Ur@munter: folds
t_montana: raises to $5
AcesLady1: calls $5
CzarMD: folds
Cyberjunk: folds
----- FLOP ----- [7h 8s 3h]
t_montana: bets $10
AcesLady1: raises to $25
t_montana: calls $15

****at this point i failed to notice how pot commited aceslady is going to be on the turn. obviously a mistake. that stuff seems to happen after 11 hrs straight of 4 tabling NL at varioius limits, switching constantly to adapt to the juciest Avg pot sizes.

----- TURN ----- [7h 8s 3h][5c]
t_montana: checks
AcesLady1: bets $35.02 and is all-in

****ok now im trying to put aceslady on a hand, add the bets and dead money, and do the odds before that stupid timer goes off. the pot is $97.52 minus the rake. i'm getting about 2.7:1 on the pot to call her all in bet.
my first thought is "maybe she got lucky and flopped a set" which means im dead to a heart that doesnt pair the board (7 outs 5.6:1)
due to our limited experience and what seems to be a bit of a grudge/tilt after that set of deuces hand (and then me pushing her around after i obviously couldn't have hit every flop) i decide that's way too much credit. obviously a straight is possible, but callin a 5x bb preflop raise with 64, even suited and even on the button, heads up, seems like way too much of a novice move at .50/1 nl.
so i decide at best there's a pair she's got out there. 8s or 7s probably. or hell, maybe just a draw. perhaps a smaller flush draw, if i'm lucky.
so, i have determined (in about 5 seconds because the timer is about to hit zero) that my Kings and Queens are both live cards, and thus outs. this gives me 9 hearts left in the deck to make my flush. plus 3 kings and 3 queens. that's 15 outs and real odds of 2.1:1.
that means i have the mathematical rights to call her all in bet here, with pot odds of 2.7:1

t_montana: calls $35.02
----- RIVER ----- [7h 8s 3h 5c][5h]
----- SHOW DOWN -----
AcesLady1: shows [8c Ks] (Two Pairs, Eights and Fives, King high)
t_montana: shows [Kh Qh] (A Flush, King high)
t_montana collected $128.54 from Main pot

*********sooooo as we can see, my kings were actually dead, meaning i had 12 outs, not 15. and my odds to call were 2.8:1, very close to the pot odds of 2.7:1, but still mathematically incorrect for me to call, albeit barely. but i made my flush and won the hand.

----- SUMMARY -----
Total pot $131.54 Main pot $128.54 Rake $3
Board [7h 8s 3h 5c 5h]
Seat 1: CzarMD (small blind) folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 2: Cyberjunk (big blind) folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 3: Tobe2000 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 4: Keshav52 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 5: GreenThum folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 6: OhhhKKK folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 7: champ18 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 8: Ur@munter folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 9: t_montana showed [Kh Qh] and won ($128.54) with A Flush, King high