View Single Post
Old 07-29-2005, 03:25 AM

Default Re: Critique this QQ play, please?

To be honest, I think you and the villain both played the hand really terribly. But I guess in a way it was good because you both were utterly confused by the other. Confusing your opponent is always good in poker, especially NL.

If you're going to reraise PF, which I don't mind doing here, I think you should make it 10 to be sure that you push out the limper. Raising PF helps define your opponent's hand. When he just calls PF, I'm figuring him for A-K or an under pair to mine, probably J-J or 10-10.

Checking that flop was just horrible. When he only calls PF, I'm figuring a real high chance of A-K and if they're both clubs, he has a ton of outs. I'm not giving him a free turn to beat my vulnerable Q-Q. If he calls the flop, I probably check the turn, and then call the river, unless something real bad happesn like a fourth club, ace, king, or a huge river bet.

And if I'm you, I definitely check behind on the river. From your comments and the way the two of you played the hand, I get the feeling that by the river neither one of you has a real good read on the hand anymore or what your opponent's hand might be anymore. when I'm in position on my opponent and it's the last street, I check behind when I'm totally confused. What if the guy check raises you all in? You can't call, so why bother betting when you have no idea what's going on anymore? If you think your hand might be the best on the river then just check and see if it is. If you're sure it's not then you can try to go for a bluff, but the thing is, you think your hand might be best, which I would to.