Thread: Soft Play
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2005, 06:09 PM

Default Re: Soft Play

[ QUOTE ]
I bust my wife or my wife busts me, I could be accused of chip dumping. If I check a pot down with her, I would be accused of soft-play. Really, if they are married, they are likely sharing their BR and it would have been more advantageous for them to dump their chip to the other. This way they have a better chance at 1st place.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is exactly what I was thinking. It would be more benefitial for the couple if one spouse to dump chips to the better player. In fact I saw this in a semi-serious home tourney once. One girl who seemed to play pretty solid before went allin with a weak ace against her husband, who seemed like a very good player and had AA. She actually sucked out and won the hand, though she busted out (prob because of bad karma [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] soon afterwards. Later a few of my friends mentioned it looked like she was definately trying to dump her chips. Since me and my wife often play in the same tourney, I too always try to make sure I don't soft play against her.
G$