View Single Post
Old 07-28-2005, 04:48 PM

Default Results...

Fair enough, I guess I'll post results to sort of help the conversation get going...

Hand 1: Pretty obvious, I thought, some people lay down one pair on that board, so I bet, He hesitated, thought, called with AA and I lost.

Hand 2: He showed 78, or something right around there and I won. This is pretty much what I put him on, or something to this extent. Drinks all around if we both hit that jack, huh?

Hand 3: He showed 55. Yuck. I'm beginning to realize how big of a calling station I am. Sometimes it looks like the most brilliant stuff, other times I look like a total fish. Still trying to work on this.

Hand 4: He folded. He does the same minraise, but it's on the flop, the board is totally rainbow, and he has no reason to believe i have a big hand, so I don't think this is a set, I think it's a move (be it a pocket pair or top pair with a sc), hence my attempt at restealing on the turn. I suppose I could try and resteal on the flop. But in terms of shania, I rarely 3bet flops, so this would look weird.

As for your comments:

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 1: OK, though I'd bet more or much less on the river if I bet (and I usually wouldn't when he checks behind on the turn). This is because his flop bet seems to mean an overpair or AK. It's hard to get called for 600 by AK, and hard to get a fold from an overpair. I'd tend to make the small value bet IF I bet at all, because I think it'd be pretty hard to move the overpair regardless after he invites you to bluff by checking the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

So bet 200 when I think he has AK and bet pot or more (800-1000) when I think he has AA? hmmm....I don't know what I think about this...He won't call with AK regardless, so you should bet as if he has an overpair everytime, right? Either he mucks AK (whatever), or he more likely had an overpair. I give him credit for an overpair because there are 3 callers adn we are deep. I don't think he'd bet AK on this flop.

Hand 2

[ QUOTE ]
the river is bad. Your lead bet should win on the turn. If it doesn't, I'm check-folding to a bet of 300 in a pot

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought the river was fantastic, but this could just be one of those "in the moment" things. I don't think he has an ace here, I think my Queen is good here, so I check to induce him to bluff a missed draw/lower one pair type hand. You really don't like this? Maybe I'm being results oriented...

Hand 3: [ QUOTE ]
Hand 3: If you feel a move is coming, you probably ought to sack up and bet out, and be prepared to play a big pot. I know this is one of those spots where getting raised really sucks, but you have the read--don't ignore it. Checking the flop will tend to shut their bluffing frequency down a bit anyway, because most pf raisers will not give up the lead heads up on this flop unless they flop big. As you played it, UGH--tough board. I like your bet on the turn, though I'd bet less.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is very interesting and very smart. You are right, I should have led even if I felt the raise coming. The whole bet less cause it looks like you have a monster anyway idea is brilliant, cause I don't check very often when I'm the pfr and it's headsup/3way. The whole he is less likely to bluff makes a lot of sense and is why I need to give him credit for something solid when he minraises turn. I should have thought of this. It's amazing how much more you realize after you played the hand. I'm representing a monster if I check and then lead turn, so for him to reraise, he has to have a big hand. Brilliant. This river call is an example of the calling station in me and how fishy it looks sometimes.