View Single Post
Old 07-28-2005, 03:08 PM

Location: Pokah Is Nice, I Love Play Pokah (Chau Giang quote) Location: Massachusetts
Default Re: How much money do you need?

[ QUOTE ]
"In order for someone to be rich, many others must be poor"

Completely and utterly false. IF you're talking about capitalism.

IF you're talking about communism >as it's been practiced so far in this world<, then yes, you are correct.

Bobby

[/ QUOTE ]

????? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] Uh, no, YOU are wrong sir. Look at it this way.

I believe awhile back it was calculated that if you took all of the money and assets within the U.S. and divided them equally amongst the populace, every single person would receive about 90-99 thousand dollars, roughly speaking.

Now, obviously, some people have a lot more than that, and some have a lot less. My point is that in order for someone to have a million dollars, many other people cannot, in a Capitalist system, have an "average" level of income or possessions, because that one person is taking more than their "fair or equal share".

If the median income is 38K in the U.S. (just guessing, but let's go with it), how many people are making less than that? How many are making more?

There is NO way for there to be a caste of rich people in a capitalist society, without their being an even larger caste of poor people.