View Single Post
Old 07-28-2005, 01:48 PM

Default Re: Bankroll Management??

[ QUOTE ]
All this complicated talk isnt necessary I feel. U should have a seperate poker bankroll. Log in all the hrs u play. Ur goal should be a Big bet an hr. ANything u win above that in a session should be put in ur poker bankroll. Any loses should be covered by your bankroll. U should stay in a game as long as u feel it is a good game and u are playing ur game. If thats the case u shouldnt get up after a certain loss 9as long as u can be honest with urself). Obvioulsy if u are losing big u should get up and strongly evaluate ur game.
Side NOte: There's nothing wrong with dimping slighty into ur poker roll when running well. A big win might deserve a steak dinner-dont get carried away though.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do all of those things... but when I play a lot I tend to develop bad habits and am attempting to find how people address those problems as they play...

So in the future I will not run into the same problems! Winning a BB/hr is not a problem... the problem is making sure you don't go broke even though you are beating the game solidly!

When we read so often about so many top pros and the fact that they have often gone broke on multiple occasions. I just want to sample the many good opinions on this board about the steps that they take to avoid going broke.