View Single Post
Old 07-28-2005, 01:43 PM

Default Re: AK suited in second hour

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
BTF you have a big stack, but still relatively speaking you are
shortstacked compared to the blinds. When reraised by the small blind I think you have two choices, either moving all in or folding your hand. The problem with pushing is if you lose you become more short stacked and you are facing a likely medium to big pair so you are a dog. You don't have to gamble right now. Therefore I would preserve
my big stack and fold. Now if my stack were a lot bigger or
smaller than I would definitely push. Once you see the flop
I think your only play is to fold. The flop did not help you. If you look at the pot odds you got before the flop it
was costing you 1400 to win a 2900 pot. You are getting 2:1
on your money, but the odds of hitting your hand are around 3:1, another good reason why calling is incorrect.

Bruce

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a party $20. I have seen people reraise our hero's apparent steal raise with hands as bad as KQ and AJ to make pushing a +EV move here I think. Is the villain's range of hands really as small as a high-mid pair? I think he has AQ or worse about 20% of the time here. Anyone's thoughts on that?

[/ QUOTE ]

Even if he has AQ or worse 20% of the time, does that still make a push right? If we add AQ and AJ to the equation here and make the villian's range AJ+ 88+ AK is still not much of a favorite, albeit a small one.

I think the table image would be helpful here if hero is stealing lots then I would reraise with a push before the flop. But otherwise, it's hard for me to play this hand here with the stack I have.

Brad